Monday, July 12, 2010

P90X (Day 1) Ouch. Already!

So we got the P90X videos in the mail. With all the accompaniments: fitness guide, nutritional guide, calendars, etc.

We spent the better part of yesterday clearing out a room in the basement.

We dusted off old weights, exercise bands, yoga mats and bought a chin up bar at Dick's.

We took our TV/DVD out of the kitchen, much to our childrens' discontent, and put it in said basement room.

We put up a bulletin board in order to track our progress on the calendar, and to post before and after pictures.

As of last night: all set. We are trying to come up with a clever name for our home gym. And when the walls are painted and less dingy, I'll post a picture. Not til then.

The alarm went off at 4:45 this morning: Time for Day 1. I dutifully got up and dressed, and headed down for the Day 1 workout. (Mr. remained snoring, as I fully expected. He's a night person.)

Day 1: Chest/Back (60 minutes) and Ab Ripper X (16 minutes)

I did it. I survived. It was very hard, and I had to modify many exercises, but I finished. I was dripping sweat. Guzzling water. I felt great afterwards. Now, OUCH. I'm starting to feel it already . . . everywhere.

I then showered/dressed, fed & let out dog, woke up kids, got everyone breakfast, made lunches, got everyone's stuff together for camps, Mr. took 2 kids to camp & day care, while I took the third to yet another camp (our summer is even crazier than our school year). And then I went to work.

All before 9 a.m.

I'm still guzzling water - and the hardest part of it all isn't even getting up at 4:45, or the exercise (which totally kicked my butt!). For me, it's the eating.

While I haven't gotten through the nutritional guide for P90X yet, I've already started: No SODA. No PROCESSED stuff. No CRAP. That's the hard part for me.

So far today, just water. Some eggs for breakfast. Salad for lunch.

Hopefully I can keep this up.

So here goes with the posting of weight again. While I may post more throughout the week, I'm just going to post weight 1x week as I'm trying not to be too obsessive about it.

Here goes:

Mrs:
Starting weight 7/12/10: 167.8 pounds
Goal weight: 130 pounds
Lbs left to lose: 37.8 pounds

Mr. promises to do the Day 1 videos tonight. I think doing them at night will work better for him . . again he is not a morning person. I would much rather do them in the morning . . I am much more of a morning person, and as the day goes on, so do my excuses!

Up tomorrow, Day 2: Plyometrics. I watched it yesterday, and boy, am I in for it. It looks even harder than what I did today. My goal . . is to finish in one piece!

No comments: