Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sigh.

Well, needless to say I fell off the wagon. Not the exercise wagon - I've kept up with that fairly consistently, and even did a 5k this month. I fell hard off the eating healthy wagon.

My weight has started the creep up again - I had gotten down to 162 pounds, now back up to 167. Still less than earlier this year, but I'm frustrated. My clothes don't fit, don't look good, and I don't feel good when I look in the mirror.

It's been a whirlwind of a spring & summer. Several trips (Florida, Michigan, South Carolina) and the perfect storm of kids' activities. I've never been busier. I can't remember when I've actually gone HOME for the night after work and not have to go to a baseball game, softball game, karate class, dance class, or some other activity.

But I'm not spouting off excuses. I've just been stuck in a rut I can't seem to get out of.

I don't WANT to eat crap and drink soda, but somehow I do anyway. I guess it's just easier.

And I'm eating too much. Sometimes I think I do so because if I'm eating, I get to sit down - which means the longer I eat, the longer I get to sit and relax. That's messed up, isn't it?

Every once in a while I cook or order something healthy. But it's not enough.

Mr. is in the same boat. At least we're stuck in it together.

So what are we going to do about it? Hmmmm.........

After much discussion we have ordered P90X and are anxiously awaiting its' arrival.

P90X is a set of workout dvd's and nutrition guides, for, as they say, extreme home fitness.

Several of our good friends have done it with phenomenal results. We are ready for some phenomenal results, and need a plan to get there.

We hope this plan is it.

Stay tuned . . . I anxiously check the mail every day and hope it comes soon!

No comments: