Thursday, May 12, 2011

Back on the Wagon

Hey y'all. I actually finished 90 days of P90X at the end of March. Woo-hoo! I lost about 15 pounds and was starting to see some muscle definition! My clothes were fitting great!

But I needed a break from Tony Horton & crew. So I got a Jackie Warner video and for the month of April planned on alternating her video with her treadmill interval workout. The first week started out well.

Then I Fell Off The Wagon.

Having an open schedule was the death of me. I didn't have a calendar on the wall and the pressure to "do this workout today, or you'll get behind or be off track".

Darn. 5 lbs creeped back on.

So now I'm back with a schedule, as of this past Monday. I started a P90X/Insanity hybrid. 3 days a week, I do P90X, and 3 days a week I do Insanity (another Beachbody workout plan that is mostly cardio).

I printed out a schedule I found on the internet and made it into a calendar. My 90 days began this past Monday, May 9th and will continue until July 31. Perfect, since we have a couple trips planned in August.

I like the mix of the two programs so far. I was scared to try Insanity, but I've done better with it than I thought I would. Yes it's hard, but it's not impossible.

I want to get back to that whole weigh in thing. I'll use my starting weight from prior to my first round of P90X:

Starting weight: 177 pounds
Current weight: 165 pounds

Goal weight: 130 pounds

Lost this week: N/A
Lost total: 12 pounds
Left to lose: 35

And I want to get my hubby to take some photos of me so I can compare them to some more photos at the end. Maybe by then I'll be brave enough to share them.

And a little update on Mr:

He has LOST 40 POUNDS! He started a "Biggest Loser" type weight loss challenge at our gym, and really stuck with it. He had sessions with a trainer, got weighed in every week, and ate about a third of what he used to. Now that program's over (he came SO close to winning, which would have meant a bunch more training sessions for free, but he didn't win) he's on his own, and it's up to him to stick with it.

Summer will be here before we know it. Gotta stick with it!

No comments: