Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wow, so it has been about a year since my last post here.   And what a year it has been!

Today, I'm back on the wagon.   The healthy eating (notice I didn't say DIET; I'm trying to ban that word from my existence) and exercising wagon.

I could go on and on with my lame excuses about my weight and lack of exercise over the past year or so, but I'll spare you.

Truth is, I haven't exercised consistently in months and I fall on and off the healthy eating wagon weekly.

So - my current weight is:   (cringe)  187  per the scale yesterday at my gym at work.

$%#@*  How did I get here?

Less sleep (new work schedule), stress, busy lifestyle, add to that lame excuse after lame excuse.

Spring is here.   I have no clothes that (a) fit, or (b) if they do fit, they look awful.   It's stressful just deciding what the *&#% I'm going to wear at any given point.

And I'm going on vacation in about 7 short weeks, ugh.   The thought of being in a bathing suit makes me shudder.

So what to do?

Today is Day 1

Goal weight:   140 pounds (and even lower if I get there and can keep going healthfully, but I'm trying to be realistic here)

Time frame:   as long as it takes, but sooner rather than later!

The plan:
  • Cut out soda/sugar 
  • Follow the 14 day Beginner Paleo plan from Diet Point  (evaluate after 10 days or so as to whether to repeat or find another plan)  
  • Do Harley Pasternak's 5 Factor  DVD workout  (25 minute workouts 5 days a week)
  • Daily meditation and journal writing & review of affirmations 
  • Walks/Exercise classes when able (either at work or at home) 
  • Yoga when able (DVD at home)  
  • Monday weigh ins at my gym at work 
So far, today, I've:
  • Had no soda or sugar 
  • Stuck to the eating plan (it's been yummy so far) 
  • Wrote in my journal, repeated affirmations
  • Meditated 
So I'm off to a solid start.  I plan to get in the workout this evening.  

So what is different this time?  I'm trying to address the reasons why I overeat (mainly a stressful lifestyle) with the journaling, meditations, affirmations and yoga.    And I'm not going to drive myself bonkers trying to do over-the-top exercise programs and running regimens so that I get frustrated and quit when they are too difficult or time-consuming.   (I definitely want to get back to those someday, but baby steps).

I've been reading Mark's Daily Apple and it really got me interested in the Paleo/Primal lifestyle.   I've been   tinkering around with it over the past few months, but it is time to make a commitment.

I saw the Hungry for Change movie recently and it was really an eye opener.   I purchased it and downloaded it onto my Ipod, and have been listening to it my car.    I hope it really helps me change my thinking.

See you Monday for weigh-in.  Wish me strength to stick with it!

No comments: