Monday, February 2, 2009

Trainer-to-the-Stars Jackie Warner's fitness tips

In Family Circle magazine, I read about a walk/run regiment touted by Jackie Warner, trainer to the rich-and-famous. She says this workout, which she recommends to all her clients, should be done at least 3 times a week for 20 minutes at a time, and she claims you will drop weight even if you don't change your eating habits.

The Family Circle blurb had more details, but I think it got prematurely put in the recycle bin. However, I went to Jackie's site and found this:

Jackie Warner's walk/run interval workout:

  • Raise ramp to maximum uphill and slow walk (almost a lunge) for 2 minutes.
  • Lower the ramp and run for 2 minutes.
  • Walk for 1 minute to catch your breath
  • Repeat 3 more times (equals a 20 minute session).

    I tried this at the gym on Saturday, and it kicked my butt! I am not a runner, but the running was much easier than walking on the treadmill at the maximum uphill. And doing the intervals makes the time go so fast - 20 minutes was up before I knew it. I am going to keep doing this, along with my weight loss yoga DVD, and hopefully I'll see some results.

    Check out Jackie's page - she listed a bunch more fitness tips here.

  • 1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    I just read about this workout yesterday. Have you kept up with it? How has it been working for you? I injured my foot last week, but I'm going to try this workout once I'm out of this splint. Good luck!