Monday, September 21, 2009

Weigh In #18: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Got off track on the 5k training (1 for 4). Getting back on track today.

This weekend was disastrous with eating. Just one example: we went out to eat last night to celebrate a big achiemevement Mr. had at work. He asked me my preference in restaurants, and I said wanted one with some healthy options.

The restaurant did have a variety of options, many of them healthy. I then proceeded to order BEEF NACHOS with a LARGE fountain Coke. And when the waitress asked me if I wanted my drink refilled, I said YES. Sigh.

This morning, while reading my new book, Fighting Fat After Forty, a passage really spoke to me. On page 217, it said:

"Your family and friends are the genuine treasures in life. You, in turn, are their greatest gift. Take care of your gift to them by acknowledging that your body needs care and attention.

Exercise is not about trudging to your workout, getting sore muscles, rushing around the gym. It's about moving your body every day, and leading a healthy, balanced, enjoyable life. And honoring the really important priorities in your life."

Good stuff, right? Now here's where it gets REALLY GOOD:

"If you neglect yourself, if you don't exercise, if you continue to eat self-destructively, you will not only shorten your life, but you will also bring sadness to your loved ones."

Wow. Now that's something to print out and post on the bathroom mirror, fridge, and computer monitor. Thank you, Dr. Pamela Peeke.

Well, here's the weigh-in, another disappointment.

Mrs.
Starting weight: 152 pounds
Goal weight: 130 pounds
Current weight: 164.2
Pounds lost (gained) this week: 1 pounds gained
Total pounds lost (gained): (12.2)
Pounds left to lose: 34.2
Workouts: 1 Zumba class, 1 walk/run, 2 "P.M. Yoga" video sessions

No comments: