Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some old-school inspiration



Yes, one of these women is me.
I'm on the right, in the pink and white swimsuit.
The other two fabulous women are my dear friends C and H.

This was taken around 1990-1991,
when I was around 20-21 and in college.
We lived during the summers in Dewey Beach, Delaware -
we shared a house with 16 girls,
worked at a restaurant during the evenings,
and pretty much did what you us doing here -
all day long, every day.
Good times. Great times.
In fact, of what I can remember,
those days are some of my most favorite memories.
(You don't think it's water in those cups, do you?)

I posted this picture because: LOOK HOW SKINNY I AM!

Can I be that skinny ever again?

I think yes.
(That's a little more confident than
I really feel, but I'm trying to be positive here)

I didn't post a weigh in this week for the usual reasons -
I didn't lose weight.
After 5 exercise classes, 4 thirty minute runs,
drinking 80 ounces of water a day,
only having 2 sodas after the course of the week,
eating weight control oatmeal every day
and packing my lunch for work,
I GAINED TWO POUNDS.

Frustrating? Absolutely. Discouraging? No.

I know it isn't going to happen overnight
I have to remain consistent.

So, I will weigh in this Monday and post the truth -
no matter how frustrated I may be.

Have a wonderful weekend!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: