Monday, February 1, 2010

Weigh In #2 Rollercoaster week, literally

Mrs.
Starting weight: 168 pounds
Goal weight: 130 pounds
Current weight: 169 pounds
Pounds lost (gained) this week: (1)
Total pounds lost (gained): (1)
Pounds left to lose: 39
Workouts: Classes: Zumba (2), Body Blast

Well, I got the dreaded stomach virus last week. I was the third in my house to get it after my son and youngest daughter. Through my 2 days of intestinal hell, I had lost about five pounds, but after a weekend of normal eating -- it's back. Plus one. I did no exercise over the weekend, and ate a bunch.

What's good: Other than the two days I was sick, I did exercise during the other days of the work week (Monday, Thursday, Friday), even trying a new class - Body Blast. It's intervals of weights and cardio, and I liked it. (Even though I had to leave 15 minutes early due to a meeting - bummer)

Also, when out to dinner last night, I ate half my dinner and boxed up the rest, which I just ate now for a yummy lunch at work. That's something I always think about, but never do. Last night I did it.

What needs work: Eating better, of course. And drinking less soda. I'm definitely drinking less, but I'm still drinking it. I can't seem to stop altogether. I don't have it in my house, which helps. While I'm faithful to the fitness classes, I've slacked off on my daily running. I started back up today though, running 2 miles after my lunchtime Zumba class. It felt really good. Now if I can just get my butt out of bed at 5am tomorrow to do a run before work! I might have to put off watching Jack Bauer tonight to be able to do that!

Miscellaneous: At the gym, I read an interview in Women's Health magazine with Alicia Silverstone about her new book, The Kind Diet. She of course is a vegan. She said when she switched to this style of eating, she stopped dieting and the weight fell off and she didn't feel deprived, because the food she was eating was so good.

The magazine also included a recipe for vegan peanut butter chocolate cups that looked yummy. Now, I'm not interested in going vegan (meat I could live without, but other stuff - esp. seafood - no way) but her book looks interesting and probably has some great recipes in it. She even says the book is targeted toward people that don't necessarily want to be vegans, but want to move toward a more plant-based diet. I'm going to consider buying it if I see it on sale or a used copy or something.

Have a great week. I still have high hopes that at some point I will start losing weight.

No comments: