Monday, January 5, 2009

Weigh In #5: $%#@*!!

Mr.
Starting weight: 245 pounds
Current weight: 238 pounds
Pounds lost this week: 0 pounds
Total pounds lost: 9
Pounds left to lose: 61
Workouts: 0
Mrs.
Starting weight: 152 pounds
Current weight: 150 pounds
Pounds lost this week: (3)
Total pounds lost: 2
Pounds left to lose: 20
Workouts: 2

Well, this isn't good. And we can't even use the holidays as an excuse - they are over. We went out to dinner last night, and while we usually don't, somehow we felt compelled to order dessert. Mr. shared a sundae with our daughter, and I shared one with our son. They were HUGE and while they were good, I felt so awful after eating it - it wasn't worth it.
On a positive note, I've started doing yoga again before I go to bed. I have a video by Patricia Walden called "P.M. Yoga" that I love. It's only 20 minutes long, and I sleep like a baby after doing it. Much to my amusement, my 6 year old son has been joining me when he sees me getting ready to do it. Of course he talks the ENTIRE time, but I like that it's something we can do together. He says it helps him get to sleep too.
It's a beginner tape, so I think it will help me more with stress management than weight loss. I did purchase a Biggest Loser: Yoga for Weight Loss DVD, which I'll try this week and comment on. I've watched it through once, it looks like it will kick my butt. Good. I need some butt-kicking.

1 comment:

Eli said...

I LOVE yoga! Whenever I do it I feel great. A few years ago I was doing it all the time and was so relaxed and flexible.

Keep it up!!