Monday, December 15, 2008

Weigh In #2

Here are our results for this week:

Mr.
Starting weight: 245 pounds
Current weight: 238 pounds
Pounds lost this week: 2 pounds
Total pounds lost: 7
Pounds left to lose: 68

Mrs.
Starting weight: 152 pounds
Current weight: 147 pounds
Pounds lost this week: 0
Total pounds lost: 5
Pounds left to lose: 17

Way to go Mr.! Okay, so I didn't lose any weight this week. I didn't deserve to. I only exercised twice (Saturday and Sunday) and didn't really watch what I was eating all that much. (i.e., having a root beer float the night before weigh in does not signal a motivated attitude). I'm just glad I didn't gain.

I did discover something new yesterday - workouts On Demand. We have Verizon Fios, and there are a whole bunch of them, and they are free. Yesterday I tried Yoga (20 min) and the Biggest Loser: Cardio (23 minutes). Both kicked my butt. The best thing about them is that they are quick and dirty. When you are tasked with taking care of a newborn, you don't have big blocks of time to work out, so these are much easier to fit into my schedule. At the end of the cardio workout, I was sweating and felt like I actually did something. And I am SO SORE today, in all the right places. :) While I'm going to do the yoga again today, I'm giving my sore muscles a chance to rest today and will try another Biggest Loser workout tomorrow (Power Sculpt with Jillian). I'm going to try to work out every day this week - gotta counteract the holiday eating!

1 comment:

Julie said...

ooohhhh....this is what I need to do to lose the post baby weight! I started before I got pregnant at 155. delivered at 185, and am only at 167 :( moooooo me right over.
may your blog be my motivation ;)
congrats on taking charge!